Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hapy New Year

I have always loved New Years Eve...

Growing up, my family and I would go to a family friends house and go snowmobiling, go on a winter hayride and ring in the New Year with wonderful friends.

2000 was rung in going to see RENT and then I spent the rest of the evening on the bathroom floor with the flu-not the best New Year's Eve but definitely one I remember.

7 years ago tonight, the man of my dreams, bought me a dress, made me dinner and asked me to marry him after we opened our mail!

4 years ago tonight, I peed on a stick and learned that my life would be changing forever.

3 years ago, Joe was in bed writhing with a kidney stone, while I tried to entertain a house full of people and take care of a 3 month old little boy.

Tonight, E and I went and visited agility friends, had dinner with Grandma and Dzia, painted nails, played a little Wii with the cousins and were home by 9pm. Joe has to work tonight, but we got to spend an hour together before he went to dinner.
                                                                                                                                                                          
 

New Year's Eve is still my favorite night, but things are just a little different now.  I guess New Year's Eve isn't the only thing that is different, but if things weren't different, things would be boring!

I hope that you had a memorable New Year's Eve with the ones that you love, I know that I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment