Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Sleep Where Art Thou?

I started this post on 1/19/12...

Sleep, it's oh so elusive in our house right now.  I guess it has always been elusive, but about every 6 months or so, it gets a little worse.  We are in the not so good period right now.

I look back over the last three years and E has NEVER been a good sleeper.  I guess I should say that he is a better sleeper when he sleeps in bed with us, than when he sleeps by himself.

Last night, Joe was at a meeting and he wasn't home to lay down with E until he fell asleep.  I was trying to be strong and not give in to his screaming and carrying on.  The best quote of the night though was, "I need a partner to sleep with.  I need a mommy or daddy to lay with me."

It is now 2/7/12....

I REALLY would LOVE to report that the sleep issues have completely resolved and all is perfect at night when it comes to sleep.  Unfortunately, I cannot say that.  I guess it is as perfect as it is going to get in our house right now.

E is sleeping in his big bed when his daddy lays with him on the nights that he is home and he is going to bed along in his little bed as long as he can see me sitting on the couch when he is sleeping in my room.  He is back to sleeping well for the first hour or two, waking up and coming out into the living room and then we walk him back to bed.  Around 5am, he is climbing into bed with me and between 6am and 7am he is asking if he can get up.

I am documenting this, so that in another 6 months, when his sleep falls apart again, I will remember that it is just a phase and like my grandma Gina always said, "This too shall pass."  She was a VERY wise woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment