Monday, September 26, 2011

One Proud Mama

We went to ASCA Nationals in West Bend, WI the week of September 17th, 2011.  ASCA (Australian Shepherd Club of America) offers a non-regular pee-wee conformation class for kids 3-5 years old.  This is a great opportunity for young kids to do something fun with their dogs and get to experience the conformation class (pretty dog show).

E was signed up for 3 shows.  2 pre-shows before Nationals and then Nationals.  Adults who show in conformation, get dressed up and look nice and the same goes for juniors.

We brought with 4 different suits for E to wear.  My mom and I made three different ties-the pirate one above was one of them.  Thankfully, E was all about looking "handsome" and getting dressed up to walk his dog Ace.



Ace is a friend's almost 13 year old black tri Aussie.  He is the perfect Pee-Wee dog.  He can't hear very well and he loves treats.  He is very tolerant of E pulling him around as long as he had secure footing.  Ace did GREAT and so did E.

The white suit that E is wearing was the same suit that his dad wore 30 years ago when he was in his uncle's wedding.  Joe's mom made the suit and she was so happy that E was able to wear the suit again.




E was a natural moving Ace around the ring.  He followed the judges directions very well, he kept control of his dog, he demonstrated confidence in telling the judge how old he is, what his dog's name is and how old his dog is.

I am sooooooooooooo proud of my little man.  It gave me goose bumps when I saw him in his suits.  We couldn't walk through the fairgrounds without getting many compliments of how handsome he was.  Random people were taking pictures of him and posting them on their facebook pages.  A little odd for me, but also a very proud moment.

One of my goals as a parent is to raise a confident child.  Through my love of dogs, I am raising a confident child!

No comments:

Post a Comment